It is once again that time of the month, for me to show you my latest Design Team project and what a project this one is!
This project, MDF ELEPHANT TEMPLATE had been sitting on my creative table for ages waiting for me to work some magic.
I love being part of the Design team and love all the projects I have done but this one I really, really enjoyed 🙂
So here is my process on this gorgeous project, I like to call “Beautiful Nellie”
I first started by making a plinth for Nellie to stand on and that is the beauty of Powertex, anything and everything can be used. I used a spare piece of MDF from a previous project and some kebab sticks. I had some garden wire and cut to length and posted them through the holes on Nellie.
I then used some kitchen foil to give Nellie some shape and definition and make the less 2D and more 3D.
When I was happy with her shape, I then taped her all over using masking tape so my Powertex would have something to adhere to.
I made a little tail out of tin foil and added this to Nellie and started adding lots and lots of layers of pretty lace type material. I thought BLACK POWERTEX
would be the order of the day for Nellie. Have to confess I got a little carried away at this stage as I forgot to take photos of the process, this quite often happens as you get so engrossed into what you are doing, I apologise, my bad!!
I draped some thin material over Nellie’s ears.
I also made up some easy 3D flex and added this to Nellie’s legs.
I continued adding layers of material until I was happy with how she was looking.
I had a look in my embellishments and decided she needed a little bit of bling and found some beaded material and added this to her head as a headdress (I knew I was saving it for something special) and I added some plastic gold bling along her back.
I let her dry for a few hours, which gave me time to think about what colour/colours
I decided on my colours
When I dry brushed the colours on, my word Nellie popped and looked beautiful.
I am very pleased with how she turned out